Veronika Gant Photography
As of April 27, 2020, Gregg Abbott, the Governor of Texas, outlined the details of his plans to reopen the Texas economy beginning May 1st. The Governor has granted sole proprietors the decision to reopen their businesses with limited capacity so long as they are able to follow strict guidelines.
As many of you know, safety has and always will be my top priority as I pursue what drives me the most- capturing and creating amazing memories of the most important moments from my client’s lives.
During Phase 1: May 1st to May 18th
- Post-production: Photo editing will continue for my previous clients in addition to my future clients who photograph their own images and commission my studio for editing.
- Permitted Portrait Sessions: The following portrait sessions are allowed as they do not require direct contact or personal adjustments from the photographer and will allow me to perform photography from a safe distance of 6ft or more:
- Standard Maternity Portraits: Standard Maternity Portrait sessions (Not Vogue Session). A family member of which you are in direct contact with on a daily basis can assist in with fabric tossing as I will not provide this option due to safe distance requirements.
- Cake Smash Sessions: These sessions are allowed as the photographer will photograph the baby from a safe distance of 6ft or more. You, the parent, will perform all adjustments on the baby (clothing, repositioning the baby, etc).
- General Portraits & Senior Portrait Sessions: These sessions are allowed as the photographer will photograph the senior from a safe distance of 6ft or more.
- Shoots That Are Not Permitted: The following portrait session is not allowed at this time because direct contact between photographer and subject is required:
- Newborn Portraits
- Vogue Maternity Portraits
- Family Portraits of 2 people or more
- Note: On May 18th. 2020, the Governor of Texas will provide us with an update as to whether or not my business can move forward with portrait sessions that require direct contact.
Guidelines for Veronika Gant Photography Studio
We will do our best to diligently disinfect and maintain the cleanliness of our studio space for the protection of our clients and ourselves. Despite our efforts, we do not take responsibility for any symptoms that may arise before or after your session at our home studio. Therefore, be advised that you are booking a photography session at your own risk. Please see the following guidelines each client must accept and adhere to in order to book a photography session with Veronika Gant Photography.
- Masks: Each person must wear a mask to enter the photography studio. Masks will be removed during photography. Photographer will wear a mask during the session.
- Shoes: Before entering the photography studio each person has to take off the shoes and leave them outside at the front door.
- Wash Hands: After entering the studio each person has to wash their hands before they touch anything in the studio. Hand sanitizer will be provided as well.
- 2-Person Limit: The maximum number of people allowed in our studio and in the photography session is 2.
- Limited # of Sessions: to provide us with the time needed to completely disinfect and sanitize the studio before and after sessions, we will accept only one session per day.
- Cancellation of Session: Respectfully, we reserve the right to end the session if we feel unsafe or at risk due to noticing any potential signs of sickness (coughing, etc).
Thank you to all of my clients for their patience and understanding that health, safety, and following government guidelines are my highest responsibility.
My hope is that all the guidelines will help stabilize the situation and slow the spread of this destructive and disruptive virus. Together we can triumph and overcome.
Thank you all!
As many of you know I had to temporarily close my photography studio because of the crises with Coronavirus.
I want to let you know that I am not giving up and I am actually trying to find solutions on how to keep the business going. Even I can’t personally take pictures for my clients, I can still help make their memories. You are probably asking now how is it possible?
Recently I introduced to my clients on my Facebook page retouching services I start providing for my clients.
It’s simple! You will take pictures of the subject and I will retouch the image for you with all skills I have in Photoshop.
My clients have also an option to call me during their photography session from their own home or from nature and I can assist them on the phone via FaceTime, Skype or any other App.
I will be also sharing with each client posing ideas online.
The price of the retouching services is $20 per image.
Post-process using digital backdrop $25 per image. (Digital backdrop is not included)
Online mentoring $20 per hour
I already had some clients who sent me images for retouch and here is the example of how we fixed the images.
Using digital backdrops help images get amazing looks.
You don’t know how to find the right digital backdrop for your portraits? It’s all good, I will help you with the process.
I will first review the images you took and then I will recommend which type of digital backdrops are the best for images you have. If you are planning a photography session I recommend looking at the digital backdrops first! The reason why you shout look at the digital backdrops first is that you have to know how you are going to photograph your subject. Where the light has to be. But don’t worry I will help you with it.
Feel free to browse on Etsy to see amazing digital backdrops made by different designers.
See examples of digital backdrops in use by my photography studio.
I am writing to you as we face a challenging time together – one that is certainly unprecedented in recent history. I have been closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19 as it has rapidly evolved, and I am doing my best to anticipate its impact on our lives and on my photography studio business.
As many of you know, safety has and always will be my top priority as I pursue what drives me the most- capturing and creating amazing memories of the most important moments from my client’s lives. The sudden global outbreak of COVID-19 threatens my ability to safely capture and create amazing portraits for you all.
Moving forward I will support the safety of my family, clients and the city of San Antonio by adhering to the executive order put in place by the President and the additional orders levied on the state of Texas by Governor Greg Abbott as of March 19, 2020. The order requires all non-essential businesses to halt business operations for the next 7 days- and possibly longer.
During this time, post-production editing will continue as I fulfill orders for my previous clients.
Due to the uncertainty of circumstances with COVID-19, I will communicate with my clients to reschedule sessions. If rescheduling becomes too difficult, clients will receive a credit to their account. This credit may be applied toward future photography sessions.
Thank you to all of my clients for their patience and understanding that health, safety, and following government guidelines are my highest responsibility. Beginning tomorrow I will reach out to clients that have booked sessions.
My hope is that social distancing will help stabilize the situation and slow the spread of this destructive virus. Together we can triumph and overcome. Thank you all!
I just wanted to let you all know that I am taking the Coronavirus very seriously at my home studio. As many of you know, my studio is operated in my home and much like many of my clients, I have 2 kids which I have to keep safe. I am also committed to the safety of my clients. To support my clients, I am taking the following extra steps to protect your loved ones as well as my loved ones.
I am respectfully asking that all my clients respect my policies and protocols of the prevention of spreading any respiratory illnesses like COVID-19, the flu and more by adhering to the following:
If you or your child is sneezing, coughing, have a runny nose or fever, please inform me so that we can reschedule the session. If I notice any person accompanying you to a session exhibiting symptoms indicative of the flu etc, I will respectfully end the session. I will require my clients, their kids and accompanying parties to remove their shoes before entering my home studio. As a precaution, I will be wearing a mask covering my mouth and gloves. I recommend my clients, their kids, and accompanying parties do the same. Typically, I love to hug my clients and shake their hands. However, during this time, I will refrain from those activities. Also, photo sessions will be limited to my clients (parents) and siblings.
At this time I am limiting the booking of sessions to newborns, maternity, portrait sessions, milestone and cake smash sessions. I will be not booking family sessions and on-location sessions outside of my home studio at this time.
I always use hand sanitizers. I also wash my hands repeatedly during the session after I have made contact with various items. After each visit, I disinfect my studio to be sure we have the space perfectly safe for babies and you all.
During this trying time, the world needs love, healing, and understanding. I love every one of my clients and I am thankful and humbled they have chosen me to capture some of the most precious moments of their lives. I will, therefore, continue to do everything in my power to provide a safe and clean environment for my clients.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you so much for understanding!